Monday, July 23, 2012

To Do



So, when I first saw Lorraine at Fabulous 4th Grade Froggies To Do List Linky, I was excited!  I love lists.  Making lists calms me down and focuses me.  Boyfriend likes to joke that I make lists of lists I need to make (really, I've only put writing a list on a to do list once, at the end of last school year, promise!).  I was so excited to link up, but didn't have time right then.


Fast forward to my next second of spare time, when I check Blogger.  So many lists posted!  I start to read them.  Lots of good ideas, many similar to mine.  But, the more I read, the more things get added to my mental list of things to do.  I start flashing back to the one and a half days I had in my classroom before school started last year, remembering how many little, mundane things there are to do.  And, my grade-level teammate who was super organized is not coming back, so I can't just follow her around doing everything she does. I have to do it all on my own (not totally true, I still have one fabulous teammate left and I'm sure the new two will be great, but ...).  I realized that I cannot make a list of everything I need to do before school starts right now.  I can't handle it.


Sooo ... I'm doing Lorraine's linky a little different, to save my sanity.


This is my list of things I need to do before August 6th, when I can get into my classroom.  As that draws nearer, I will make a list of things to do before we officially have to come back, and then later, a list of things to do on those teacher duty days before the kiddos come.  I guess I just made a list of To Do Lists to make.  Maybe Boyfriend is right.


To Do 

(before getting keys)



  • Organize my big messy boxes of papers
  • Plan and make behavior management (clip chart, recording, clothes pins)
  • Grand Canyon Lesson Plans (My teacher-brain was in full swing on our road trip)
  • Read teacher books I just bought: The Book Whisperer, Rethinking HomeworkLaura Candler's Graphic Organizers for Reading: Teaching Tools Aligned with the Common Core, Notebook Connections, and Notebook Know-How 
  • Decorate/label Turn In Boxes
  • Make/Decorate/Label Supply Boxes
  • Make labels for my copy boxes
  • Make classroom library tags (or decide which of the fabulous ones I've seen I will use)
  • Organize school computer files
  • Plan out daily schedule
  • Decide on classroom jobs and make poster
  • Make No Name board
  • Start making things for bulletin boards (especially titles)
  • Tentatively plan classroom layout (so excited for my new room!)
  • Make a writing process chart
  • Start on Sub Tub

That should keep me plenty busy for the next two weeks!


2 comments:

  1. Hi!
    Thanks for joining my linky party! I'm your newest follower. I don't have my keys yet either. I really need to get a lot done before I do though.
    ~Lorraine
    Fabulous 4th Grade Froggies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there I'm visiting from t he linky party I'm a new teacher with a new teacher blog. Excited to go through my to do list and get my room ready.

    ReplyDelete